Once upon a time...

Once upon a time...

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Scrapbooking

Ahhh... Scrapbooking! Along with recipe sharing and facial waxing, I thought scrapbooking was just another thing for silly old married ladies with too many kids and nothing better to do... Anyway, it all started the summer before I met Paul, when my cousin started selling Stampin' up! Well, in an effort to support her business endeavor, my mom and I bought a couple ink pads and stamp sets. Six years later (much like their owner) those few little items have multiplied, and just as we have filled our little house to the brim, the paraphenalia I took home that day now has it's own room. Yes, the stamping stuff has become a full blown obsession. And while I am very careful to always buy everything when it is on sale, the money invested in this harmless hobby sometimes causes me much grief. I am torn. I love preserving the memories of these days for our children and their families, but I often look at my non-recyclable paper and plastic embellishments that were of course 'Made In China', and wonder if that money couldn't be spent a little bit more wisely! Until I decide, it seems silly to let all these wonderful embellishments and paper to go to waste!










'Salon de Grammy' & 'LIAM' are two completely different pages. Even when the subjects are totally different, I like to make tha facing pages match, so that they kind of coordinate when you are looking though the books. It seems to be a little easier on the eye.








I've never used a lot of B&W or sepia, but I have been lately and I really like the way it looks.






Not until after I had this page completely glued together did I realize that my parents only have seven grandchildren. Although, looking back, it seemed too good to be true! I had 8 pictures from that day, I had 8 perfect little flowers and buttons to embellish the page! I just forgot to count how many people were in the photos!




































My favorite thing about all of this is how you get to make such a big deal over the silliest little thing, that you might not have even remembered otherwise! The page where Jacob wanted to wash the dishes is one of my favorites! How cute is that?! Or that day when Liam ran around for about an hour in his underwear and snow boots. I laughed all afternoon! Scrapbooking might not have any eternal significance, but I can't think of a better way to show my kids that I love every crazy little thing they do.

4 comments:

Cristina said...

I love all your pages! You have been busy!!! You've done a great job.

Tricia said...

love love love your pages....can I just give you my pics and you make them look as cute as your PLEASE!!!

Tricia said...

I just wanted to tell you that I tagged you on my blog today (Tuesday), if you would like to play.

StarWarsFans said...

Great scrapbook pages! Sometimes I miss the fun of paper scrapping. But, if you really want to save money, you should take up Digital Scrapbooking. You can reuse, recolor, and resize everything! Plus, I get all of my supplies for free. The only cost I have is printing the pages ($1.49 normally, but I wait for 99 cent, or less, sales!). Speaking of which, you can just create one page and print it for all the kids, so it's a huge timesaver. If you want to know more, just e-mail me or check out my blog!