Once upon a time...

Once upon a time...

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Ewan is One!








It doesn't seem possible that one year ago I was holding this little miracle for the first time. Babies are always wonderful and amazing, but Ewan was the one who changed everything for me! He was my first home birth baby, my first OB/GYN-free pregnancy,and my only Colorado born boy. He was, by far, the easiest delivery, and the only one that was completely drug-free. He has grown so quickly over the last 12 months, and yet, it seems a life time ago. Right now, he's barely trying to stand up on his own and you can tell that he's thinking about wanting to walk. He smiles all the time, and he is curious about everything. He doesn't really cry unless there is something seriously wrong, like... oh, maybe a big brother sitting on him or something like that! The only thing that makes him really mad is his crib! He absolutely hates that thing. Paul's mom shipped it over here from Scotland before Jacob was born. She used it for her three (forty years ago!) and Jacob and Liam both slept in it just fine, but Ewan is not having it. It makes me laugh. The picture of me and the boys on the slide was taken last year on my due date Sept.15. He would be born three days later.

1 comment:

Tricia said...

You looked beautiful preggo!! Not meaning you don't look beautiful now, it's just not everyone looks so great all knocked up : )
You have a darling family my friend!! Lots of love....thanks for the fun morning last Friday....maybe I can see you next week!