Once upon a time...

Once upon a time...

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Thank You Easter Bunny! Bok! Bok!


I love Easter. It seems to be the only important holiday that Hallmark Cards haven't ruined. I don't know why, but it seems to me that the plastic incarnation of the worldly celebration and the true meaning have remained seperated. The world celebrates springtime and renewal and coconut-covered cake shaped like a bunny head (which I made and thougoughly enjoyed eating this year). Some, on the other hand can meditate on thoughts like; "Where thy victory, o grave?" and "Why do you seek the living among the dead?" Knowing the importance of the holiday doesn't stop us from enjoying the lighter, plastic side. It was a wonderful celebration for our family this year. As always, We miss Paul when he's away over a holiday. The kids had such a great time finding eggs at Grandma's house. My cousin Carly and the boys' Tia Judi hid them all over in the front yard. They were so cute, hunting around trees and shrubs... once we got Liam away from the ham, of course!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post Bonnie... you write so well!!! And I love the pictures, such a fun day :)

Tricia said...

Cute Cute!!!!What a precious little fam you have my friend!!