Once upon a time...

Once upon a time...

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Keeping Up With the Andersons














I can never seem to take enough photos of these kids. They seem to be up to something new and crazy every day! In the preceding photos:
It was so much fun to watch the kids' faces on the Fourth. They had seen big fireworks up in the sky before, but we'd never bought them sparklers and things they could light themselves. There is a great shot of Jacob throwing a fit and having a 'time out' at our new house. I'm standing in a big mouth at Casa Bonita in Denver, where Paul took me for my birthday this year. It's inside the restaurant in a dark, creepy cave called 'Black Barts Hideout'. Apparently at three years old, I decided I was NOT going through that mouth (no wonder! It was a little bit scary last month when we took the picture! Imagine being three years old having to walk through that thing!) Anyway, it's a one-way tunnel so, you have to go through the mouth to get out. I guess I caused quite a scene. The boys are having a bubblebath in Mommy's tub for a special treat. In that one photo, there is an old chair awaiting the van to the thrift store, and I found the boys sitting in it one day...I told you I can't take too many pictures! There are two shots of the boys at swim lessons. Liam is doing 'laps' in one of them, and Jacob is sitting in a cute little inflatable airplane. This amazing woman teaches them how to swim and be safe in the water in all kinds of situations. At the end of each lesson (once they are swimming really well) she pushes them out of a toy like this and they have to swim to the edge. It sounds a bit barbaric now that I'm looking at it written out on the page like that, but it's really amazing. We've seen her for about 10 lessons and Jacob can swim almost the whole sideways length of the pool. It's http://www.donnasdolphins.com/ if you want to check it out! There are also photies of Ewan's first nap in his own bed, and the two biggest monkeys at the photo studio getting Jaocb's 5 year old pictures taken.

1 comment:

Tricia said...

First of all....can I come and take a bath in that big tub??? Please???
Second of all....looks like someone needs some furniture repair!!
Third...we must get toether soon!!