Once upon a time...

Once upon a time...

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Who ate all the Halloween candy?


Halloween isn't my favorite holiday, but I have found some redeeming value since the kids were born. I heard someone say once that, 'if most of the world can ignore the true meaning of Christmas and still enjoy the holiday, maybe we can do the same thing for Halloween!' Besides, there is something great about wearing crazy costumes with your whole family and eating absurd amounts of candy for one night! Calories don't count on October 31st, right?!? Anywho, we had a fun one this year! Jacob wanted to be a SWAT team guy... the only requirements he had for his costume this year were a gun and a helmet. Liam and Daddy started a game a couple of months ago calling each other 'Little Dragon and Big Dragon' and we managed to find a dragon costume at a discount shoppe. Ewan and I were the princess and the pea, and I must say that we looked pretty cool. I do think that my big brother and his youngest boy won the contest hands down! Byrne was an organ grinder and his one-year-old son Samuel was the monkey! They looked awesome! Byrne even got Sam to make a noise like a monkey a couple of times. That was a great costume. We went trick-or-treating to our Uncle's house and at one of my mom's neighbors who we've known a long time. I guess we always manage to get so much candy at church, I don't bother with the door-to-door. Speaking of which, This last photo needs the story to go along with it! These are the boys' trick-or-treat bags. Now, I don't actually know how much was in them to begin with. We had pretty much been together all night, in all the same places, doing all the same games and things so, I would assume that their bags should have been filled to about the same level. A couple different times throughout the night, people came to tell me that Liam was hiding somewhere eating candy, and since I never buy it at home, I let it go every now and then. I must admit that I did not keep track of his rate of consumption! When I looked at Jacob's basket and then saw Liam's I had to ask;"Liam, what happened to all of your candy?" His reply was simply; "I ate one..."

3 comments:

Tricia said...

How cute you all looked!! Love the princess get-up : )

Cristina said...

You've been tagged by me. See my blog for details.

Tricia said...

Looking forward to some new posts to read!!!