Once upon a time...

Once upon a time...

Monday, October 29, 2007

Throwing his weight around...all 8 pounds






When we moved to Houston Paul made me buy a used grey minvan. It was slightly banged and bruised, nondescript, and totally not me! But we wouldn't have a car payment and I didn't have to worry about door dings or stray shopping carts! So, we bought the stinkin' thing, OOps, I mean the practical thing from a slightly questionable man on the freeway north of our house. Paul promised me that if I would do the deed and drive the wretched beast for a couple of years, that he would buy me a cool car after I did my time. Well, he finally made good on the deal! We test drove this car just for fun, (that is a whole different story involving an overly flattering car sales woman and a squirrel who was in the wrong place at the wrong time!) and loved it. We bought the car on Ewan's due date (sept 15) and it arrived on the 18th! Paul
brought it home about 2 pm and Ewan was born about
10 pm. I told Paul "See! He was just waiting for the right
time! He was in there saying; 'I'm ready, but I'm not riding
around in that awful van! I'm not being born until you get
me something decent to drive!' "

2 comments:

Tricia said...

Love the cartoon!! I sooo have that syndrome!! And LOVE the car!

Cristina said...

awesome picture of the car! I had to catch up on your blog today ~ it's fun that we actually experienced most of these things with you!